Perinatal Mortality Surveillance
Perinatal Mortality Surveillance Report for 2014 - published 2016
This is a series of slide sets which cover the introduction and methods used to generate the report for perinatal mortality in 2014, interpretation of the findings, high risk pregnancies and birth, and individual Trust and Health Board reports.
Abstracts were submitted and five presentations were selected for the ‘5 slides, 10 minute’ sharing practice section; the slides are presented below.
Three invited speakers presented: a summary of the 2016 Lancet stillbirth series (Dr Alex Heazell); the development of the standardised perinatal mortality review tool (Dr Tracey Johnson); and the NHS England – Saving Babies’ Lives Care Bundle (Dr Matthew Jolly).
- 01 CEIPSBNND Introduction, Methods and Care Quality Findings
- 02 CEIPSBNND Antenatal Care Findings
- 03 CEIPSBNND Care Before Labour
- 04 CEIPSBNND Monitoring Labour
- 05 CEIPSBNND Intrapartum Care
- 06 CEIPSBNND Resuscitation and Neonatal Care
- 07 CEIPSBNND Care After Birth
- 08 CEIPSBNND Post Mortem
- 09 CEIPSBNND Local Reviews of Deaths
- 10 CEIPSBNND Recommendations
Perinatal Mortality Surveillance Report for 2013 - published 2015
Short podcasts explaining elements of the report can be viewed via the following links:
- Perinatal Mortality Surveillance Report 2015
- The Impact of 22 and 23 week Gestation Births on Perinatal Mortality
- How did we analyse the data?
This is a series of three slide sets which cover the introduction and methods from the launch meeting, the main surveillance findings and the impact of babies 22-23 weeks on the perinatal mortality rate.