Available on these pages are:
- Slide presentations
from the MBRRACE-UK report launch meetings.
The slide sets, podcasts and recordings can be used for personal study and reflection or to accompany local presentations of the findings of the reports.
Latest Launch Meetings
Perinatal Mortality Surveillance for Births in 2016
This series of slides covers the findings and recommendations from the perinatal mortality surveillance for births in 2016 which were presented at the report launch meeting in June 2018.
- 01 Perinatal mortality of births in 2016 – key findings June 2018
- 02 Perinatal mortality of births in 2016 – improving data quality June 2018
At this launch meeting updates on the national Perinatal Mortality Review Tool and the National Bereavement Pathway were presented.
- 03 National Perinatal Mortality Review tool – update June 2018
- 04 National Bereavement Care Pathway development – update June 2018
At the meeting on the 15th June Lucy Smith and Lisa Hinton also launched the Healthtalk.org project ‘Exploring parents’ experiences of losing a baby between 20 and 24 weeks of pregnancy’
The slides are available here:
The following posters are a selection of those presented at the perinatal mortality surveillance report launch meeting in Birmingham on 15th June 2018.
- National Bereavement Care Pathway
- Supporting Muslim Families Through Pregnancy Loss or the Death of a Baby
- Development of a system-wide process for implementing the recommendations for independent external presence at maternity case reviews
- Using maternity wallets to aid safer pregnancies
- Introduction of a multidisciplinary perinatal mortality review committee in a busy referral hospital: Lessons learnt and future directions
- Monitoring perinatal mortality in NHS Trusts and Health Boards across the UK
- Sharing good practice on how to improve fetal growth assessment to reduce stillbirths
- Development of a Core Outcome Set and identification of outcome measurement tools for interventions after stillbirth
- Identifying subgroups of women most at risk of extended perinatal mortality in England using Latent Class Analysis
- The data never lies? A tertiary NICU's experience of responding to CQC alerts for raised neonatal mortality
- Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust Perinatal Mortality Review 2015-2017
- A Masterclass in Excellence: Changing Outcomes at Peterborough City Hospital
- Perinatal Mortality Review Board: A robust system for reduction of avoidable perinatal deaths
- The Perinatal Review Toolkit – Sharing Lessons Learnt at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Teaching Hospital NHS Trust (BHRUT) January – April 2018
Previous Launch Meetings by topic