Study Day 2018
The second free UKMidSS Study Day went with a successful bang on December 6th 2018 in Birmingham!
The day was open to all alongside birth centre reporting midwives and interested midwife colleagues and was attended well, including a midwife from a freestanding unit who is keen to be involved in UKMIdSS Studies in the near future.
Attendees heard Rachel Rowe’s presentation of the Severe Obesity Study findings only 2 days after the paper was published in PLOS One and midwives were able to see and take home the infographic which accompanies the study findings.
Amongst the other presentations, topics icluded:
The work of ATAIN and term admissions to NICU: The work of the National Maternity Voices Partnership; Setting up a “Pop-Up” Freestanding birth centre in the Wirral; A Midwifery Unit Admission Criteria Project: Future UKMidSS Studies and Beyond; The Midwifery Unit Network Standards .
You can download the slides from the day’s presentations below:
- 01 Study Day 2018 - Rachel Rowe - Severe Obesity Study Results
- 02 Study Day 2018 - Rachel Rowe - NAS: Interim findings
- 03 Study Day 2018 - Michele Upton - Insights from the Atain Programme
- 04 Study Day 2018 - Ceri Glenister - MU admission criteria
- 05 Study Day 2018 - Lucia Rocca-Ihenacho & Elen Thaels - Midwifery Unit Standards